Please mention this site if contacting any of the businesses below. Click on the picture or name for more details.
Situated on the banks of the Conwy estuary, with magnificent views of Snowdonia and Conwy Castle, this reserve is delightful at any time of year.
The Capel Garmon Burial Chamber is a neolithic burial chamber of the 3rd millennium BC. It is located in a farmer's field near Betws y Coed high above the Conwy Valley and there are wonderful views of Snowdonia.
Llyn Crafnant nestles in a tranquil Welsh valley high in the Snowdonia National Park. The lake, which is three - quarters of a mile long and covers 63 acres, has good access and is well sheltered on all banks.
Swallow Falls is the highest continuous waterfall in Wales. The falls are set on the River Llugwy two miles west of Betws-y-Coed along the A5 to Capel Curig, in the beautiful Gwydir Forest.
Spectacular views over Llandudno
the rivers Conwy and Machno, tumble through a wooded gorge. There are woodland walks where you can enjoy a wealth of wildlife, and a Fish Pass to aid the migration of salmon and sea trout upstream to their breeding grounds. The remains of the old Victorian salmon ladder can also be seen. Cafe and restaurant.
The Llanrwst Almshouses were constructed in 1610 by Sir John Wynn of Gwydir to house twelve poor men of the parish.
This is the only medieval merchant's house in Conwy to have survived the turbulent history of the walled town over nearly six centuries. Furnished rooms and an audio-visual presentation show daily life from different periods in its history
Gwydir Castle is situated in the beautiful Conwy Valley and is set within a Grade 1 listed, 10-acre garden. Built by the illustrious Wynn family c1500, Gwydir is a fine example of a Tudor courtyard house...
At Trefriw Woollen Mills we manufacture traditional Welsh bedspreads, tweeds and travelling rugs. Our Welsh tapestry is made into cushions, dinner sets, shoulder bags and purses. Our tweed is tailored into hats, caps, jackets, capes, ruanas and skirts.
It is believed that Trefriw Wells Spa was first discovered by Romans from the XX Roman legion stationed at Canovium, 3 miles north of Trefriw. In about 1874 a Victorian bath and pump house was built and for the first time the water was sold to the public.